It has been a while since I got my Aladdin Infuser mug. I said I would give it a month and then write a review and see how it actually is.
If it’s worth your money etc…
First of all. Before I could even celebrate the “one month” use of this mug, I dropped it on the floor and the rubber band part inside (isolating the inside and outside) moved. This allowed moisture to enter in the “vacuum” space between the glass (where the tea is infused) and the plastic you actually touch. This really bothered me, because it was just impossible to keep it in place.
Few days later, my husband got me another mug, and now I use the second one.
I would give it few pros- and few cons- for your reference.
- 1. The feature allowing the infuser to go inside the hot water then up is a great +++
- 2. The fact it’s transparent, is really an advantage, you can really tell by the color of the tea if it’s ready of not. ++
- 3. The cap is pretty solid, nothing leaking in my bag so far. Sometimes it is even hard to open. That is a real +++
- 1. It still pricy for something in plastic. $20 online (Found it in Argo Tea for something like $25 in Manhattan, NY). —
- 2. Not as solid as I thought it would be. (My first one didn’t last a month with intensive use I guess). Personally I don’t like to buy things I only use once. Also don’t let people touch the little thing sticking out to pour the tea infuser inside, up and down, one day they’ll break it ;)–
- 3. The infuser inside is pretty weak. It opened several times by itself and drop the tea leaves inside the mug. —
Let me know if you travel a lot and need your tea with you. If so, share your recommendation in the comments.
I am always curious to discover new tools. Then I figure out if I really need them or not.
Oh yes, another thing. You might ask yourself: “Why bother buy loose tea and go through these expenses”etc..
Well, I would like to end this post by this comment regarding Brewed tea vs. Bottled tea.
“Tea brewed from leaves has the most potent effects, and contains the most anti-oxidants. For any of the health benefits listed above, you won’t get the same effect from either powdered instant teas or from bottled, ready-made teas.” (about.com)
Also, has anyone tried the Yixing Travel Tea Tumbler?